- This event has passed.
Lotus Blossoms 2016
March 20, 2016 - April 8, 2016
This year’s Lotus Blossoms line-up includes artists representing Ireland, Japan, Kenya, and African-American traditions. The 2016 Lotus Blossoms Program is presented by The Raymond Foundation. Additional support is provided by Macy’s and IU East Asian Studies.
Kim & Reggie Harris
– Lotus Blossoms Residency: March 21-24, 2016 (click for info about scheduling a school program)
– Public Concert/Demo: Tuesday, March 22 (Free)
Seán Cleland & Jackie Moran (Irish Music School of Chicago)
– Lotus Blossoms Residency: March 21-25, 2016 (click for info about scheduling a school program)
– Public Concert/Demo: Wednesday, March 23 (Free)
21st annual Lotus Blossoms World Bazaar
– School Day: Friday, April 1 (featuring Sylvester Makobi; click for info about bringing your 4th grade class)
– Family Day: Saturday, April 2 (Free)
– Lotus Blossoms Residency: April 4-8, 2016 (click for info about scheduling a school program)
– Teacher Workshop “Math & Origami”: Tuesday, April 5 (Free, pre-registration required)
For more than two decades, Lotus Blossoms arts-education outreach has engaged students, families, teachers, social-service agencies, at-risk youth, and participants of all ages, lifestyles, and incomes. More than 120,000 K-12 students (and counting!) have welcomed Blossoms artists into their classrooms for up-close — and sometimes life-changing — experiences of global cultures and access to the arts as a window into the world. And Lotus Blossoms isn’t just for schools! Lotus is pleased to offer an annual series of FREE community events with Lotus Blossoms visiting artists. From workshops and lectures to performance-based presentations, these events are open to the public and provide unique opportunities to meet top-notch artists from around the world in intimate settings.
To keep fees as low as possible, Lotus relies on donor support. By becoming a Blossoms sponsor or contributor, you can help bring multicultural music, song, dance, and storytelling to children and community members of all ages throughout southern Indiana.
(Photo by Jeremy Hogan)