Each year, Lotus Blossoms artists visit K-12 schools across south-central Indiana, performing for thousands of young students. Lotus arranges interactive performances, provides artist transportation and housing, and even provides Study Guides and Teacher Resources for classroom use with more information about artist countries, cultures, and musical styles.
Interested in bringing a Lotus Blossoms artist to your school or organization? Please check back in December 2019 to learn more about the artists visiting for the 25th Lotus Blossoms season.
Lotus strives to keep costs as low as possible, and has asked schools for the same $300 fee since 2001. This covers only a portion of the costs needed to bring artists from around the world to area schools, and Lotus covers the rest through active fundraising like individual donations, grants, and business sponsorships.
Want to “Adopt a School” or make a donation to help bring the world to a classroom? We need your help to make Lotus Blossoms educational outreach programming successful and impactful for as many young people as possible. Learn how to share a gift and make a difference.
(Header image: Sean Cleland & Jackie Moran at Grandview Elementary, 2016. Photo by Grace Newlin.)
For 2019 Study Guide materials, email email@example.com.
State and Federal Standards
The Indiana Department of Education (IDOE) recognizes that the twenty-first-century classroom and workplace have evolved into settings in which people from widely varying backgrounds come together. As they grow into citizens of Indiana, the U.S., and the world, students must learn about and understand other perspectives and cultures.
Follow the links below to learn how the Lotus Blossoms World Bazaar and Lotus Blossoms’ school educational programs address federal and state standards. (We are working hard to keep up with recent changes, so these links may refer to prior-year publications.)
- Lotus Blossoms World Bazaar: Correlations with IDOE & Common Core (4th Grade)
- 2015 Lotus Blossoms Artists: Correlations with IDOE & Common Core (4th Grade)
Internationalizing the Academic Standards: Indiana (IASI)
Activities and World Maps
- The First Nations Educational and Cultural Center Activity Worksheets [1.1MB]
- Smithsonian Folkways Cultural Lesson Plans: More than 70 downloadable world music lessons plans
- Smithsonian Folkways Recordings: A free collection of music from all over the world in downloadable audio files and streaming videos
- United Nations map
- Customizable map (National Geographic)
- Downloadable maps in a variety of projections & formats