Lotus Festival Outreach Kits Available
The Lotus Education & Arts Foundation is thrilled to share the launch of the 2020 Lotus Festival Outreach Kits with the community during this festival season. This year Lotus fans can enjoy Lotus in the Park activities in the comfort of their own homes. The free Lotus Festival Outreach Kits will be available HERE to the community starting Monday, August 10.
The kits are inspired by the diverse music featured in this year’s virtual festival and provide engaging at-home activities for kids and the young-at-heart. Lotus Festival Outreach Kits will be distributed to up to 500 families/households in south-central Indiana.
“In these challenging times, we wanted to provide a way for community members to enjoy Lotus educational activities from the safety of their homes,” Lotus Community & Arts Engagement Director Lydia Campbell-Maher said. “Thanks to our generous partners and sponsors, the Lotus Festival Outreach Kits are completely free. Our kits offer ways for youth and the young-at-heart to learn more about our virtual festival artists’ lives, turn toilet paper rolls into kazoos, be a part of a socially distanced art project, and more!”
What is in the kits?
1. Written interviews with musicians Joshua Thompson, Nohelia Crisafulli and Randy Sanchez (Nohe & Sus Santos), and Dena El Saffar (Salaam)
2. Language worksheets created by our project partner Bridges: Children, Languages, World, which teach introductory vocabulary and pronunciation, and a fun nature scavenger hunt in Finnish, Arabic, and Spanish
3. Step-by-step recipes that represent traditional dishes from the home countries of the musicians
4. Journaling activities to encourage self-reflection about our own identities and shared humanity
5. DIY instrument building instructions with found materials from our project partners at the Museum of Archeology and Anthropology
6. Blank puzzle piece for the Community Puzzle Project
7. Coloring sheet of festival artwork by Katie Vernon
8. Word search featuring this year’s bands
9. Invitation to the free nights of the 2020 Lotus World Music & Arts Festival to view the musical artists featured in the educational materials
How to order and receive a kit:
Click HERE to order a Lotus Outreach Kit (available for curbside-pick-up at Lotus Fire bay). Additional kits are available through our community partners. For questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Share your experience with Lotus!
Be entered to win Lotus-themed prizes during this year’s festival when you share photos on social media or via email of you and your family working on the Lotus Outreach Kits!
• If you share on Facebook, please tag Lotus @LotusEducationAndArtsFoundation
• If you share on Instagram, please tag Lotus @lotusindiana
• If you share via email, please email email@example.com