All volunteers for the Lotus World Music & Arts Festival must understand and sign a copy of this policy at their orientation.
The Lotus World Music & Arts Festival agrees to the following understanding with volunteers:
- Volunteers are essential to the purpose and programming of the Festival.
- Volunteers will receive adequate preparation for their responsibilities, work in an environment where they feel valued and appreciated, and receive respectful treatment.
- In exchange for a full shift, volunteers will receive one night’s free admission on either Friday or Saturday.
- Volunteers will also receive a special volunteer t-shirt, a volunteer button, and the grand feeling of being a part of an exciting Bloomington event.
- The service of any volunteer is accepted at the discretion of the organization.
The volunteer agrees to the following understanding with the Lotus World Music & Arts Festival:
- I will complete and submit a Volunteer Application Form.
- I understand the policies and procedures of the Festival as written here.
- I will attend a short, job-specific orientation during the week before the Festival (see Important Dates; 2017 dates will be posted in summer 2017), even if I am a returning volunteer. Times and locations of trainings will be available on this web site and via e-mail in late August.
- I will complete my Festival volunteer assignment in a satisfactory way (show up on time for training and shifts, stay the required duration, wear my volunteer t-shirt and button while on shift, and treat other volunteers, staff, performers, and festival patrons with respect).
- I will notify the Volunteer Coordinator if my availability changes after I have already accepted my Shift Offer.
- I will abide by the policies of the Lotus World Music & Arts Festival, including, but not limited to, zero tolerance for use of controlled drugs and alcohol, and for harassment of any kind, while working my Shift. I agree that the Festival may decide to terminate my relationship with the Festival at any time.
NOTE:Volunteers for most positions need to be 18 years of age or older. For our limited number of positions for volunteers aged 16-17, please see the application process in our Volunteer FAQ section.
2017 Festival Volunteering is generously supported by:
Advantex, Bloomington Brewing Company, One World Catering & Events, Pizza X, and Vibe Yoga.