Saturday, September 20 / Noon – 5 pm / Free
331 S. Washington / Sponsored by BEAD (Bloomington Entertainment and Arts District), and Medical Friends of Lotus
Workshops and Demonstrations
IU Global Education Pavilion
- Community Sing Workshop with Kaia / 12:15 – 1 pm
- Mongolian Folk Music with Arga Bileg / 1:45 – 2:30 pm
- Lotus Dickey Song Workshop / 3:15 – 4 pm
Sponsored by IU Center for the Study of Global Change
On the Bloomingfoods / KeHE Stage
Sponsored by the Bloomington Arts Commission
- South Indian kolam workshop and demonstration with Radha Lakshmi / 1 – 1:45 pm
Use stencils to create sidewalk art
- Afro-Caribbean dance and drumming workshop with Sancocho Music & Dance Collage / 2:30 – 3:15 pm
In partnership with Traditional Arts Indiana
Unleash your inner artist with hands-on crafts from around the world, and close to home
Sponsored by the Mathers Museum of World Cultures, T.C. Steele State Historic Site, French Lick Resort, and Lisa J. Baker, DDS, of Baker Family Dentistry, PC
- Paint Ghanaian houses; make kazoos, carnival masks, and harmonicas— with the Mathers Museum of World Cultures
- Explore Indiana’s arts and cultural heritage with a make-and-take project of word, letter, and number prints, inspired by the work of artist Robert Indiana – with the Indiana State Museum
- Create a mural with the T.C. Steele Historic Site
- Discover Masks Around the World, and make Japanese lanterns
And there’s more . . .
With the Hudsucker Posse — Some hoops provided, or bring your own; hoops will also be on sale at the Lotus in the Park Festival Store outlet.
Salt Creek Cycles Bike Corral
Ride your bike to the Park! Salt Creek Cycles will have a bicycle corral where you can safely check your wheels while you spend the afternoon at Lotus in the Park. Cyclists receive a 15% discount coupon on a purchase at Salt Creek Cycles. Staff will be on hand to inspect bikes, helmets, child bike seats, and more, at no charge. The Bloomington Bicycle and Pedestrian Safety Commission will also be on hand with bicycle maps, stickers, and general information about cycling in Bloomington/Monroe County.