- This event has passed.
Lotus in the Park
September 26, 2015 @ 8:00 am - 1:00 pm EDT
Saturday, September 26 / Noon – 5 pm / Free
Waldron, Hill, and Buskirk Park (Third Street Park)
331 S. Washington St.
Workshops and Demonstrations
IU Global Education Pavilion
Sponsored by IU Center for the Study of Global Change
- Zedashe Singing Workshop / 12:05 – 12:50 pm
- Jessica Fichot Workshop: “Shidaiqu” Music from Shanghai, China (1930s/40s Shanghai jazz) / 1:35 – 2:20 pm
- Jayme Stone’s Lomax Project Workshop (2015 Lotus Dickey Artist) / 2:40 – 3:25 pm
- Lotus Dickey Song Workshop / 3:30 – 4:15 pm
Main Stage Live Performances
- African American/Native American soul with Martha Redbone Roots Project / 12:50 – 1:35 pm
- Brazilian choro music with Trio Brasileiro / 4:15 – 5 pm
Sponsored by Bunger & Robertson, Attorneys at Law
- Dance workshop and demonstration with The Ryan Academy of Irish Dance / 12 – 12:30 pm
- Traditional Arts Indiana Bicentennial Artisans Demonstrations and Talk Backs
1-1:30pm Viki Graber (Basket Maker)
2-2:30pm Larry Haycraft (Hoop Net Maker)
3-3:30pm Casey Winningham (Limestone Carver)
4-4:30pm Fr. Jerome Sanderson (Icon Painter/Wood Carver)
In partnership with Traditional Arts Indiana
Unleash your inner artist with hands-on crafts from around the world, and close to home
Sponsored by French Lick Resort, ISU The May Agency, Lisa J. Baker, DDS, of Baker Family Dentistry, PC , and SANDRA CLARK counseling + consulting
- Instrument-making— with the Mathers Museum of World Cultures
- Indiana Folk Art: 200 Years of Tradition and Innovation exhibit with Traditional Arts Indiana artisans.
- Create a mural with the T.C. Steele Historic Site
- Discover Pahiyas Filipino inspired crafts, Star-Weaving for the One-Million Stars To End Violence project, and Brazilian Carnival Mask,
Salt Creek Cycles Bike Corral
Ride your bike to the Park! Salt Creek Cycles will have a bicycle corral where you can safely check your wheels while you spend the afternoon at Lotus in the Park. Cyclists receive a 15% discount coupon on a purchase at Salt Creek Cycles. Staff will be on hand to inspect bikes, helmets, child bike seats, and more, at no charge. The Bloomington Bicycle and Pedestrian Safety Commission will also be on hand with bicycle maps, stickers, and general information about cycling in Bloomington/Monroe County. Lotus reflective stickers given out while they last.