- This event has passed.
Lotus Lantern Workshops 2021
November 13, 2021 @ 11:00 am – 12:30 pm EST
REGISTER HERE: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/127744171255
The second annual Lotus Lantern and Luminaria Project is an initiative to bring the glow of lanterns to our Bloomington community as the days shorten and the nights get longer. For this workshop, participants will put together a wooden framed lantern (with template design by Remy Page), and create an outer wrap or casing that will allow light to shine through. The focus of this year will be on Korean lantern patterns and traditions.
Community workshop dates and times will include: 11/2, 11/9, 11/16 from 5:30 – 7 p.m. and 11/13 from 11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Participants will also be invited to join our Nov. 19 Lotus Lantern Walk. The workshop is open to families, friends, and individuals.
If you are interested in attending a workshop, but the date(s) you are interested in are full, please complete this form to be added to a waitlist.
Want to make a wooden lantern, but aren’t comfortable attending a workshop? Please contact Tamara Loewenthal (email@example.com) for more information about how you can participate
PLEASE REVIEW THE FOLLOWING BEFORE REGISTERING:
In order to provide a safe environment during the event:
- For each workshop, there will be five tables, with a maximum of five registrations allowed, one per table.
- Within each registration, there can be a maximum of three people. The person registering for the table must submit all names of attendees at the time of registration. Limit of one registration per family unit per session. You only need to register once for your party of three.
- Ages five and up are welcome. Anyone under the age of 16 should be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Craft tables will be stationed six feet apart.
- All participants must wear masks for the entire workshop.
- Lotus will provide hand sanitizer and keep sliding doors cracked open, to allow for fresh air.
- IF YOU NEED TO CANCEL YOUR REGISTRATION, PLEASE EMAIL AMANDA@LOTUSFEST.ORG. Letting us know will allow other participants to have a chance to sign up.
- Find more information about the Lotus Lantern and Luminaria Project HERE.
- If you have questions please call the Lotus office at 812 336 6599